Sunday, January 6, 2008

The weekend

The weekend went very well! It was the first weekend in a LONG time that I had nothing to do. I slept in on Saturday and had Sean and his friend Austin mow the lawn and weed. It was so cute to see them work hard... I even made them lemonade and gave them money...so cute!!! For breakfast I ate an apple... since I woke up so late. For lunch I ate my salmon leftovers, salad, sweet potato. Maria, the kids and I went to the park in the afternoon and played soccer and football. It was a nice alternative work-out! We were there for almost 2 hours and I was definietly sweating with the kiddies! I made a salad with crab and my homemade balsamic vinegarette for dinner. I ate the best desert after that! I mixed fat-free chocolate pudding with strawberries. It is my new favorite! My dad says I need to have something to "look forward to" and that is definietly it! Saturday was a pretty lazy day...
Sunday I woke up and went to church, ate a banana on the way for breakfast. After church I went home and made a turkey sandwich with whole wheat bread (w/ extra fiber!), pickles and ketchup...I know it sounds gross but you know about me and my ketchup! I layed at the pool for a couple hours, talked to some of you :-) and drank a diet coke. The sun started going down so I went home and had some cherries as a snack. Then I cleaned out my car, did some laundry and got myself organized. It felt so great!! I marinated chicken with lemon juice, a little olive oil and basil while I was doing laundry. I grilled chicken and made it with broccoli. Dinner was great... the grill really locks in the juiciness of the meat... I love my grill (thanks again Dad!)!! I had more pudding and strawberries for desert while I watched tv. Also... I poured myself a glass of red wine with dinner and couldnt take more than 2 sips of it. I had no yearn to drink it because I knew it was just empty calories and not even worth it. I was pretty proud of myself.
I think I am doing pretty well so far. I've been eating very well and it all tastes great! I am so proud that I have put the work into eating healthy food and still enjoying my meals and snacks! I am looking forward to starting the week tomorrow and getting into a real schedule. Maria, my Dad and I are running tomorrow at 6... I plan on running on Mon., Wed., & Fri. mornings. I want to do core, legs and strength training those nights after work. I need to work in 2 more days of cardio... maybe Thursday & Saturdays...we'll see!
So I think I am going to start counting my calories. I know I am eating healthy, but I want to make sure I am not over-eating since I know I eat a lot of fruit and not as many vegetables. Anyway... I will be sure to blog tomorrow...happy Monday!!

No comments: