Thursday, January 3, 2008

Fired up

Today was a little bittersweet. First, I went to the doctor, because I have this terrible voice... and haven't felt 100% for awhile now. I got a couple perscriptions, one for short term and another long term. It was sooo cold today!! I stopped back at home and got ready (wearing a tutleneck, pants, boots and a long coat!!! Still cold all day!)...I had a coffee and peice of whole wheat toast (with spray butter) for breakfast and then went to work. I dealt with a bunch of crap. For lunch, I ate a salad with a small amount of grilled chicken and my homemade balsamic vinegarrette (sp?). And for a snack, I ate tomatoes with balsamic vinegar, basil and salt...It was so yummy!
I worked throught the rest of the day, which was pretty exhausting. I am getting pretty sick of a lot of the management stuff. It gets pretty overwhelming when I have to manage for someone else. Not to mention, still focus on numbers and sales. Soooo.....I'm beginning to think more and more about my own company. (I know all this is off track...but I'll get there...) I was planning on meeting with my Dad about my budget anyway tonight. We ended set up a savings plan and a couple of goals. If I stay on track, I can start my own company by January 1, 2009! Ahh! How crazy is that?! It's so nice to sit down with him and get his advice on everything. He thinks about the details of everything (I call him my business manager)... probably where I get the realist in me. After that I am all fired up!
I just have to get through the next year working for someone else... egh. I'll just focus on saving money and losing weight!
Back on track...for dinner I ate a weight watchers pasta meal worth 5 points... pretty tasty! I finished it off with a half a cup of yogurt, and half an orange.
I also forgot to mention yesterday, I talked to Amanda and got some of her advice... she's probably one of the best examples of weight loss! She gave me advice about focusing on one thing, one week at a time. For example, this week, I am not eating mayonnaise. So not mayonnaise based dressings, no mayo on sandwiches, etc. Thats my first goal... and I will get used to it and continuously not eat it. This should make a big difference since there are so many calories in 1 tbs! Anyway, I didnt work out today... feeling pretty sore still from yesterday... thanks Lib :-). Tomorrow I am having lunch with Ilana before she leaves. This will be a fun challenge...

Also, I only planned on weighing myself every week... but I know some people weigh in everyday to keep it in their mind... any feedback?

2 comments:

Libby said...

Good job Alicia! First of all, just want to make sure you know the facts about the Starbucks :). A venti iced nonfat latte is only 110 calories, and it's actually a good thing to drink because it gives you your one serving of skim milk for the day which is really helpful for weightloss!

Also, as far as the weight and height thing... that 100 lbs is for a 5"0 girl and every inch should be 5 lbs, is old news. Don't follow this or you will go crazy, and probably never actually meet that goal. What you should focus on is your BMI (body mass index). This will calculate your weight with your height and tell you what is healthy and what is not, what is overweight, etc. For instance, if you follow that rule you talked about, I should weight about 135 because I am 5"6. However, I weight about 145. BUT my BMi is 23.4, which is normal weight. Anywhere from 18.5-24.9 is normal weight. 25-29.9 is overweight, and anything over that is obese. You should strive to get your BMI within the normal weight numbers and you will look and feel great! (this is also what doctors follow to see if you are living a healthy lifestyle). According to what you put in your blog, your BMI is 28.8... if you get your weight down to 160, your BMI will be 23.6 which is definitely in the normal weight range! Hope that helps.

Lastly, I would NOT recommend weighing yourself every day. They say to weigh yourself once a week because that is how long it takes to see real changes in your weight. You will not see any REAL changes from day to day, and it will just mess with your mind. Plus, like I said, you should not be thinking about losing weight all day every day or you will go nuts!! Just think about it while your are eating. While you are working out, don't focus on if it's doing you any good on burning tons of calories. Instead, focus on if it's giving you more energy and making you feel better about yourself!!!

Libby said...

by the way that comment was from Libby. my username on this thing is EEA cus I used it for a class once!!