Saturday, January 5, 2008

TGIF!!!

Thank God it is Friday!!! Work feels likes it getting increasingly stressfull, but I am trying to handle it as best as possible! I started the morning off with an apple as my breakfast. I was so nervous for today because I had lots of plans and didn't know how I would end up doing... I met Ilana for lunch at Mimi's- I got a veggie burger and fruit (less than 400 calories and soooo great!). We had a nice time sitting out in the cold... its so sad to see all my high school friends leave again. I love when they are in town!
I ran errands near the end of the work day (snacked on a handful of peanuts on my way out the door) and ended up finishing a little early. My Dad and I went for a run in the beautiful weather! I ran and walked for about 20 minutes... then went home. I started up my wonderful grill and continued to do a small circuit while my dinner cooked. I jumped rope, did crunches on the core ball, lifted a little... it felt great to work up an appetite for dinner!
I knew I needed to fill up on my dinner since I would have a night full of temptation! I grilled this lemon-dill salmon (the whole piece less than 300 calories), zucchini, and a sweet potato. (The greatest thing about the grill is cooking an entire meal on it and not dirtying a single pan!) I had a salad before and ended up eating half portions of everything, saving the rest for lunch tomorrow. I still felt really full!
After dinner, I went to Maria's for 'game night' (officially an adult)... we had a couple friends over and they ordered pizza (lovely). I made sure I was full so I didnt even consider it! Once everyone finished the pizza they had dessert. This was an assortment of brownies, ice cream and apple pie. Killer. I brought my own dessert in case I got a sweet craving... so I mixed fat free yogurt, strawberries and a small portion of granola and had a yummy parfait! I still got to eat dessert with everyone and not feel bad about it! During our fun time of games and nice conversation, I ended up drinking a diet coke... something I know I didnt need. Regardless, I think I did a very good job for a Friday filled with temptation!
I had such a blast with Maria, her family, and Drummond (my asst. soccer coach) and his family. What a fun night! We played Wii, ghetto scrabble and uno (long storrry), and spoons! I love hanging out with all of them... hopefully one day I will be able to complete the circle with my man! And it will be 6, instead of 5 ;-). Onnnne day...
Anyway, it was a great day that has lasted a loooong time. Who knows what the weekend will bring, I am sure I will get some workouts in... and try to plan some other great meals and snacks!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We had SO much fun the other night..there most definitely needs to be a repeat! I am so proud that you have really stuck to it for a WEEK now!! Great job. At church we were talking about how much people dont even make it to this point with their New Year's resolution..so your doing great!!! Keep working hard, youll notice the difference!!