Thursday, January 10, 2008

Numbers

Its so funny how a number can set the mood... either I could be so thrilled or incredibly upset.
I weighed myself yesterday, after my run, breakfast and 2 bottles of water, so I didn't think it was completely accurate. I decided to weigh myself this morning and I have lost 4 lbs!!! I am so excited! Yesterday morning I ran with my Dad and my sister... I came home and made breakfast, 2 eggs (1 whole, 1 white only) and a piece of whole wheat toast. For lunch I ate a Healthy Choice panini
and cottage cheese. Since I've been pretty busy at work, its so much easier for me to not eat as much throughout the day! I has a handful of peanuts as a snack midday and then made a bad decision to go to Happy Hour after work. I went to Outback with Brooke and had a glass of red wine, but it was happy hour so they were 2-4-1. Then we ended up eating dinner. We split an order of grilled shrimp and I had a salad with grilled chicken, almonds, tomatoes and a (literally) pinch of cheese. I barely used any of the vinegarette dressing I ordered to- which is so exciting since thats usually the basis of my salad! I did so well at dinner (for being out)... but then continued to make bad decisions :-). We then went to Ale House to meet up with Sarah (our co-worker) and her roommate... so I ended up drinking more wine. I probably had 1650 calories for the day... not too bad when alcohol is involved. But hey... I did it for my heart. A glass a day keeps the DR away! I was multi-tasking. As much fun as I had, I know I can't make that a habit anymore... after drinking, all I wanted to do was eat... I kept thinking about food but resisted temptation! Anyway I had a fun night and it was fun to indulge...for a moment.
I didn't feel as guilty about it after I saw how much I weighed this morning. I am so excited that I have los tthat much in my first week! I have 6 lbs to go before my February goal! Maria reminded me that it wont be this "easy" next week and that I have to keep that in mind. On Big Fat Loser (Biggest Loset to the rest of you...) you could tell in their second week everyone barely lost any weight! It was crazy! I am just going to continue to work hard, eat well and not allow myself to get down about a number. But for now, I will remain high and proud of my achievements! My deep appreciation goes out to all of you for your advice, suppport and guidance- you all are amazing!! XOXO

1 comment:

IFix said...

Alicia! Congrats!! I am soo proud of you so far! P.S. 1650 calories for a day is still REALLY good! yay!