Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thanksgiving.

Things I am thankful for...
2008 edition.

1. Jesus. I am so thankful for God's grace and that He sent His son to die on the cross for us! I am thankful for the ways He has made himself evident in my life and the things He teaches and confirms within in this crazy world we live in. I am thankful for His Word and the encouragement and lessons I can take from reading it.
2. My family. I am so thankful for each member of my family, whether near or far, they mean the world to me. I am especially thankful for the friendship I have with my sister and father... who are my biggest support system and most wise mentors. I am thankful for the joy and love that my niece and nephews bring in to my life. I am thankful that my immediate family is close and my entire family is healthy and happy.
3. My wonderful friends. Oh, my friends. I have no idea where I would be without you. I have the greatest friends in the world and even though they may be spread that far, I am thankful for the special relationships we are able to maintain albeit the distance. I am thankful for the relationships I have held on to for many, many years and the ones that have most recently blossomed. My girlfriends are pretty much sisters to me and I love them so, so much.
4. Crew. Crew came into my life at the exact moment I needed it most. Crew has been such a blessing in my life this year. I am so thankful for Chris and his family, the ministry and the friends I have gained through such an amazing, God-filled community.
5. Summit. I am so in love with my church! I am so thankful for the things I learn every week, the amazing praise and worship, and the children's ministry I am so lucky to be apart of. I am thankful for the friends I have made and the friends my sister and her family have made through Summit. I am so thankful to be apart of this body of believers!
6. Lawton. I am thankful that God answered so many prayers and restored Lawton's health. I never though God would deliver such a miracle. I am pretty sure I can saw Lawton's trauma was a blessing (although I wasn't the one lying on the hospital bed for 6 weeks). His injury brought me back to relying on God and his recovery was an evident gift from God. I am thankful for Lawton's health and his friendship. Lawton is a wonderful friend who is so selfless and caring, I am thankful that he is my friend and has become such a great business partner.
7. My business. Even though it is a constant struggle, I am thankful that in such a struggling economy, I am still able to financially survive. I am thankful for the humility and lessons that starting a business has taught me.
8. Soccer. I am thankful for the sport of soccer and the way is has and continues to impact my life. I am thankful for the teams I coach and the great children I get to build relationships with and mentor to. I am thankful for my own soccer team and the friendships I have built through the team and the fun I have on it!

9. My blackberry. I am thankful for my blackberry, my ability to email, text and talk to people. I am thankful for the connection it gives me... even though sometimes I would like to disconnect.
10. My mentors. I am thankful for the wonderful people in my life that I have at an arms reach that help me with any question or problem. I am thankful for those of you who give me advice, teach me and yield me.
11. Starbucks (and caffeine in general). I am thankful for Venti Skinny Vanilla Lattes. I am thankful for coffee, espresso, diet coke and flavored creamer (and the barristas that make my drinks!).
12. Football. I am thankful for Football. I am thankful for football season, both pro and college. I am thankful for the Gators, the Cowboys, the Hawkeyes, the Bears and the Fighting Irish. I am especially thankful for Tim Tebow, Tony Romo and Rex Grossman. I am also very thankful that I get to enjoy football with so many people I love.
13. Black Friday. I am soooo thankful that we have a day like Black Friday. A day where is it completely acceptable to be shopping in the dark hours of the morning seeking the best deal possible. I am especially thankful for the time I spend with my sister and mother on this day and the tradition we have created through it.
14. Holidays. Yay for the holidays. I am thankful for the upcoming holiday season and the gift of family that I am so lucky to have. I am thankful that my out of state friends have an excuse to visit and for giving and receiving.
15. My new house and new roomies. I am so thankful for the new place in which I live. I am thankful for the amazing girls, Ashby and Aris, that I live with and the special relationship we share. I am thankful that I live in a house where Christ is centered and appreciated. I am thankful to live in a house that is smoke-free, party-free and drama-free.

I had a fabulous Thanksgiving filled with family time and lots of communication with great friends. I am so thankful for everyone in my life... each of you mean so much to me and hold a special place in my heart. Happy Thanksgiving! I hope today is a day for reflection of the wonderful gifts and blessings God has given you. Thank you God for being so gracious and giving!

No comments: