Saturday, November 15, 2008

Eviction Notice.

Dear Negative Nancy,
I am extremely sorry that I didn't realize you have moved into my body, mind and spirit. If I had known I would have given you a proper homecoming and then asked you to depart. Somehow or another, you have just snuck your way back in and I am pretty upset about it. Therefore, I regret to inform you that you must leave immediately. I can no longer accept your payment to stay here and since you have no right, (your name isn't on the lease...) I order you to go. I don't have time for you anymore and you are exhausting. My friends and family are sick of you. Not to mention, Thanksgiving and Christmas are coming, this is definitely not your time to be here. Please go in peace and don't ever return. Thank you.

Love,
Alicia

P.S. I may miss you, but unlike your friend, Misery, I do not want company.

*****

So I have realized I have been a whiny baby lately and not really ready or willing to change my circumstances or take the hard paths God has set forth for me. I have been following two blogs of childhood friends with newborn babies in NICU- one who has a baby fighting everyday to stay alive. I know of people without jobs, losing their homes and worried about feeding their children. People of Haiti that are tormented by voodoo and barely eat, let alone partake in education, entertainment or a relationship with Christ. God is good and as a believer, it is imperative for me to know and understand that, and to exert His joy and to be thankful! I am working on my Thanksgiving "thankful for" list... coming soon! In the meantime, its time for me to stop complaining, trust in God for guidance to fix these problems and kick Nance out on her butt!

No comments: