Friday, November 7, 2008

Changes

Barack Obama was elected president of the United States of America on Tuesday, November 4th. This election was such an internal battle for me. Both candidates make lavish promises that look great on paper. Obama proposed this and McCain proposes this. What are the odds that any of it will actually get done!?! I can say as a small business owner, well Obama promises to help me, but someone else can arguably say that McCain can help small businesses also. Politics are so frustrating, its amazing I ever wanted to be in the field. Watching the results is one of the monumental experienced you will tell your children about. I went to Crew that night missing most of the coverage... but experienced a much greater lesson in working for Christ and being a slave for Him, doing things that nobody else wants to do. I sat on my couch (on my computer of course) and watched as the numbers soared and a picture of Obama came on the screen with fire-work type displays. Almost like the ball had dropped on New Year's. I felt sick to my stomach. Since I have told about 4 people who I voted for, my friends all ask me my reaction, rather than who I chose. And honestly, I said multiple times before that I thought he would win, but I was in such shock when he did. I felt ill and had so many thoughts racing through my mind. A girl I know on facebook updated her status to God is sovereign. Phew, thank you Lord for reminding me. I looked up the word sovereign and came up with this.

sov⋅er⋅eign

[sov-rin, sov-er-in, suhv-] Show IPA Pronunciation
–noun
1. a monarch; a king, queen, or other supreme ruler.
2. a person who has sovereign power or authority.
3. a group or body of persons or a state having sovereign authority.
4. a gold coin of the United Kingdom, equal to one pound sterling: went out of circulation after 1914.
–adjective
5. belonging to or characteristic of a sovereign or sovereignty; royal.
6. having supreme rank, power, or authority.
7. supreme; preeminent; indisputable: a sovereign right.
8. greatest in degree; utmost or extreme.
9. being above all others in character, importance, excellence, etc.
10. efficacious; potent: a sovereign remedy.

Once I read the definitions over and over and realized that regardless of whoever takes over this country, it only happened because God let it happen. God is in control, he is MY president, my King and my ruler. As long as I abide by His laws and follow His will, I know things will be just fine and I will end up inheriting the Kingdom of Christ! Praise the Lord!

No comments: