Tuesday, November 4, 2008

I wish I could publish a short post.

For the past couple days there has been so much going on that I feel like I need to have time in order to blog... but I guess instead of being overwhelmed, I will just do a general update.

Friday was a busy day and I had to meet with the Florida Department of Financial Services concerning an old boss of mine. I am trying to put some things to rest and aid in justice... nothing truly exciting. However, it was Halloween, which was exciting. I had a party to go to and figured out my costume that morning. I decided to be Snow White, so I died a white skirt bright yellow, bought a blue sweater with puffy sleeves and wore a white (popped) collared shirt under it with a red bow, belt and heels. It ended up being creative, classy and cute! (Which was what I was going for just in case I met my husband.... just in case.) I headed over to Maria's house to go start trick-or-treating with the kids... it was so cute. Sean was the character from Scream and got to go off on his own. Kevin was in trouble and stayed behind to hand out candy and talk to my stepmother about Star Wars (hah!). Kyla was Princess Aurora (Sleeping Beauty), Carter was a monkey with a stinkin' cute belly, and Jonah was a puppy dog. They had fun and we all did too.
I can't wait to have a family and have all the kids together, I can see it now, my Dad, Maria, Kirt, me, my husband (eeeerrr... daydream broken). Oh, husband. Right... one day...
So after being with the fam, I went to my friend Renee's house for her Pumpkin Smash Bash... which was so fun. There were a ton of people there from Crew (my church-young adult-bible study community), I met a lot of people that I've seen- but never got to know, got to meet new people (potentials Hubs'), and hang out with some of my greatest friends! It was great to go to a party and not feel like the main objective was getting wasted and hooking up.
Saturday we were at the soccer fields all day, literally from 8:45 until 1:30. Then we went out to lunch with Kirt's father and stepmother, Susan. I love them... and they are family to me. I mean, its just such a natural love and they completely accept me (most likely because I am just a shoe-in Glassford as the pseudo nanny/best aunt ever/never leave their house/pretty much like the kids' 3rd parent). Then I worked... and went home. I talked to my friend Matt, a friend from high school who I have been talking to for a couple weeks now. We always have great conversations and over the past couple weeks, he has become one of my greatest friends.
Sunday I got up and went to church and they cut service early to go to Publix and be the church by donating food for the food pantry. I went in there with a goal to spend $100. The kids kept throwing things in the cart and I just kept seeing the dollar signs flash in my eyes- I had no idea of prices or kept track of how much things were. I got a lot of things and when the check out lady was ringing them up, all I could think was, this is going to be wayyy more than I budgeted (oh well, trust in God). My total came to $100.27. I mean, really? God, you are so good and I really think you have a great sense of humor. I almost feel like He was testing me... lets see if she puts anything back (which I constantly do at the check-out line)... okay, we'll give her a good total, just a tad bit over her budget, just to make her laugh. It was a great experience to give to the community and see so many people from the church living out loud!!!!!!
The rest of Sunday was spent with my family... lunch and a tiny bit of (necessary) shopping at Target. (We are both working on denying ourselves.) Then saw my little Kyla Jean come home and surprise her mother with her ears peirced. Oh. My. This made me sad... because she is getting so big. Dear God, I pray that you protect her and her innocence. Keep her the faithful follower and spiritual little girl she is and allow me to be an example of loving Christ in her life...
The weekend was just so great. It was the perfect mix of family and friends. Unfortunately, not enough rest. Which I am feeling now and I am getting sick. Ugh. Tomorrow (today) is election day so I will be up early praying and voting! I cannot wait for all this to be behind us (even though it really won't)...

No comments: