Saturday, November 29, 2008

Black Friday Shopping

Black Friday shopping is like going on vacation. Or getting prepared for it is. This was me the night before.
Comfortable Shoes. Check.
Sweater. Check.
Big purse. Check.
Money. Check.
Neil Diamond Christmas CD. Check.
Coffee. (x3) Check.
Granola Bar. Check.
List. Check.

Maria and I go shopping every year on Black Friday. We usually get up around 5 or 6 but this year we took it a little far. I went to bed around 9pm on Thanksgiving and woke up at 1am. I got dressed, gathered my things (see above) and drove to Marias. We went to Miromar at 2:30 and went shopping until about noon. Ten hours of shopping? Crazy. And we loved ever second of it. We even strategically planned our route based on what time the stores opened. Maybe more than shopping, I enjoy spending this time with my sister because we get to go alone and we have so much fun every year. We had a blast and met up with our Mom, all in all, spending a great family tradition with some of the ladies I love.

No comments: