Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Sorry I haven't returned your call.

My blog is like a friend of mine I haven't talked to in awhile. I keep thinking, I have to blog about this, I have to update! I wanna put this picture up! Its like my friend that keeps calling me and I am too busy to talk or return her call... I am just going to do a simple update in the form of a list.

-I love, love, love living alone. This was the greatest choice ever. I love the independence of it... how it allows me to be selfish... and its like my little escape. Not to mention is my ongoing project- I feel like I am at Target or Bed, Bath and Beyond every day buying something new!
-I am going to be a bridesmaid! And so it begins, one of my best friends just got engaged last Friday night. Tiffany and I have been friends since high school- I used to drive her to school every day Junior year (because she is 6 months younger than me). She has a daughter who is almost one (ahh!), Keegan. Keegan and I get to spend a lot of time together since I am one of Tiff's friends that can actually take care of children (thanks Maria). Keegan is my "pseudo niece" and only pseudo so I don't take anything away from my dear Kyla (I am a tiny bit partial)... but I am Aunt LeLe to her. I am the only local bridesmaid of Tiff's, so I know it is going to be some serious work, lots of fun, and great practice!
- Women's Crew is now at my house. My Monday night "bible study"/girls night in is now held at my house. There have been some changes within leadership and I am so pumped for the future of the group. I love being hospitable, albeit I allow myself to get way too stressed out.
- Accurate Insurance is a constant struggle. I haven't prayed enough about this... but we have gone through so many set backs, sometimes I get discouraged and wonder if this is truly what I should be doing. And other times, I think, these are just little hills, show perseverance Alicia and it will be so worth it in the future. Either way, it is hard.
- Outback is okay. I love working like 1 night a week. But I rarely work that seldom- its usually 2 or 3 times a week. I know I am there for a reason, and I know its good for me to be around so many non-believers... I just get sick of working 60 hour weeks. Not to mention hearing language and talk about things that make my skin crawl.
- Maria has started yet another business. She know has a photography biz, shameless plug, www.mariaglassford.com and I am hopefully going to be able to help her with it! It would be awesome to work with my sister in something like this that could be on the side and so fun!
- My babies keep growing, and I am not happy about it. Jonah is so big and he understands things... Carter is still the coolest kid around (and has been dubbed this by our entire church pretty much)... Kyla is such an adorable princess with quite the attitude and a love for boys (my girl!)... Kevin has a love for teaching- or telling you about things if you give him the opportunity, he will go on and on forever... Sean is such a loving boy, he's naive, caring and generous. As much as I hate to see them getting older, I can't wait to see the people they become. (And again, I can't imagine the love I will have for my own children, thinking of the LOVE I have for these five...)
- I am blessed beyond words. I was going to say with my friends and family, but realized I am blessed all around. I have the most amazing girlfriends, sister and Lawton. They are all so unique and different, I can't imagine them not in my life.
- I am loving my relationship with my mother and can't wait for season to end. My Mom and I are getting along great, and I really feel like she is becoming a friend... not as paranoid as before (or at least doesn't express it) and truly interested in learning more about me- in depths. I can't wait for season to end so my Dad isn't so busy and we can gallivant around on sunny summer days and go to lunch... I love the freedom he has during the summer.
- I am taking 4 trips this summer. Ahhhh! I will talk about this more later, but I am going to Wisconsin, Virginia, Haiti and New York City! (And most likely weekend visits to Ft. Lauderdale and Venice)
- I am starting to focus on my habits... eating habits, exercise habits, cleaning habits, hygienic habits, working habits... and try to get my life to a place where I am content and at peace.
- I know more than I give myself credit for. It's amazing to me the verses and lessons that pop into my head when I am going through something or am searching for advice for a friend. I am at a place where God or the Word is the first thing I turn to when I am hurting or confused. Still working on this... but its great to look back at 5 months ago when I knew where nothing was in the Bible!
- Renee is really moving. I think. But probably won't know for another month. This has been a roller coaster ride in itself... God finally spoke to her and her husband this past week. That was HUGE answered prayer- Praise the Lord!

That's all I have for now. But there is more to come my dear friend, I've got a lot on my mind...

1 comment:

Britten said...

Pretty sure this was addressed to me. We can just start blogging to each other. It's easier than scheduling phone conversations.