Thursday, April 16, 2009

Love You. Hate You.

I have a love / hate relationship with many things. (And come to think of it, people as well.)

One most recent relationship is working from home. I used to loathe working from home when I had roommates. Now that I live alone, it is much easier and enjoyable. I am trying to figure out my schedule for the next few months so that Lawton and I are on the same page, and I am really not sure how often I want to work from home. Lets do some Pros and Cons.

Pros:
I can sleep in an extra hour. I get to work in my pajamas. I can do my hair throughout the day and let it air dry. I don't have to put on make-up or shoes. I don't have obnoxious realtors in my ear. I don't smell Chinese, Mexican or fast food throughout the day. I don't have to deal with Lawton (in person). I can do laundry, watch tv (or dvd's since I don't have cable), listen (and sing!) to MY music as loud as I want, or clean in the midst of my day. I can cook or prepare my lunch and not worry about having salad dressing or silverware. I can light candles. I save $2 by not crossing over to Cape Coral. I save gas (and consequently, the world). I can workout on my lunch break (just throwing it out there...).


Cons:
I find myself on facebook far too much. I don't feel as "together" when I am not dressed. I don't have access to every file I may need. I can't print (although this isn't a HUGE deal but can be super annoying). I do laundry, or clean in the midst of my day, which distracts me. People seem to think that when I 'work from home' that means I have the day off and can babysit or go to lunch/coffee/hangout (mostly because I do those things...). I'm not as motivated. When I work from home I don't usually go outside all day... which leaves me feeling sad when its already too late. I am a slave to my phone.

I am really not sure if I figured anything out through that. Regardless, I had to put it out there...

No comments: