Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Operation OBC Day One

I kinda started big for day one.
Well actually, it got to 9pm and I had not done anything all day so I went to my back up plan. It was probably the one thing I told Hallie I would accomplish in this thirty days and since I had nothing else I did this.
So there is this guy in Crew that talks to me all the time. He kind of gravitates towards me at any and every event. He constantly chats me on facebook. He came to my birthday party. (The last one doesn't seem huge, its just that only my close family and friends were there early and he was too. Then I kind of ditched him when we went somewhere else, which was awful of me.) I have had numerous people make jokes out his 'attraction'. I felt obligated to nip this in the bud. (Mostly because I have been known to make up relationships in my head and I didn't want this guy doing the same thing.)
So I did what only a respectable girl like myself would do.
I facebook chatted him.
First, I apologized for my birthday and the whole ditch thing. He told me he tried to get my number from my friend who was still in spot A but she wouldn't give it out (that's loyalty). He said he had kind of forgotten about it until now. (phew)
[Now was the hard part, how do I bring this up without making him feel dumb or me look like a total idiot- I had a knot in my stomach.] So I said, I also want to say I hope I didn't ever string you along. And he questioned what I was talking about. I mentioned a couple things that would lead me to believe what I believe (including him telling my friend that he has been "working on 'this' for months"). He justified. I said I just wanted to clarify and make sure there were no miscommunications. He told me if he wanted to ask me out, he would, ask me out. Okayyyy.
So I kind of felt like an idiot. For a second. And then realized defense is defense, you play as hard or as dirty as you want. I sure would. Then, I felt liberated. I felt so good that this wasn't hanging over my head and I wouldn't have to cringe every time he was around thinking he might be thinking something else.
Either way, it was an awkward situation, but I did it, got through it and feel great!
Day one felt great and I am off to today's challenge...

No comments: