Thursday, October 2, 2008

Narrative Reading

I've been reading the Shopaholic series lately (Confessions of a Shopaholic, Shopaholic takes Manhattan, etc)... and I don't read narrative books all that often, but when I do, I become the author of my own life. I know that maybe sounds weird... but I will say something and then think in my head 'she said exasperatedly'. And the only place I have to put it all down is on my blog. Sooo that gets kind of addicting.
And I like to read other peoples blogs, but I get angry when they don't write every day.
Even when I don't know them. No, especially when I don't know them. Blogging takes stalking to a new level, beyond facebook and myspace where I only stalk the people I know. I really should be working.
I should do a study on how much more effective I could be without facebook, myspace and blogger.
Last night I was talking to Amanda and I was trying to get off the phone to get some things done (it was like 5:30). The conversation went like this,
Me: "Okay, I'm sorry, but I have to get going"
Amanda: "Whyyyy I'm all alone in a house with no one to talk to but a dog"
Me: "I have to, I have to go mow the lawn before soccer practice."
Pause
Amanda: "WHO ARE YOU?!" She exclaims. (hah)
I know, back to reality, one weekend I am fabulously walking down the cobblestone streets of Orlando and by Wednesday I am lawn-mowing, soccer coaching and church-group-attending. Amanda then proceeded to make fun of my life.
Which she is obviously so jealous of. (Obviously.)
Lawton is coaching basketball at Fort Myers High School. He asked me repeatedly if he could do it but I didn't give him an answer until the day before. I mean, the man could get hurt. Or take time out of business for it. He asked me like a little boy askin' his mama. It was entertaining to string him along with the, I'm not so sure this is a good idea, line. He told me that he thought God was calling him to do it.
Which I ignorantly responded with, you dont even know Him.
I know, bad move. But I let him do it in the end... and yesterday while he was at practice I may have messed something up a bit on one of his accounts and we got into a full-blown-yelling match and all I wanted to say was, "Well if you didn't have practice or were available for phone calls, this wouldn't have happened," but I didnt (yay for being mature!) and later when we re-hashed, he apologized and admitted it was all his fault. (Good boy, Lawton, good boy.)
Sometimes I feel like being a woman is so easy.
And then God will shoot me a lil' something as a reality check. "Got it, thanks Dad."
I have to go get uber-prepared for my 3:00. Pretty much the biggest account I will have the opportunity to quote... and my nail polish is chipped from pulling weeds yesterday.

No comments: