Saturday, August 9, 2008

Judgement

Luke 6:37
Do not judge, and you will not be judged. Do not condemn, and you will not be condemned. Forgive, and you will be forgiven.

First of all let me say that I am completely guilty of this as well.... but why do people feel the need to judge? Is it because they want to feel better about themselves? I hate when people feel like they can judge me for my acts when I know and usually those people know that I have only one Judge. God is my only Judge and I am on a new quest to stop caring what others think and to stop judging others. Because I am a Christian, can I not partake in "secular" and "worldly" behavior? I cannot go out with my friends and/or drink alcohol? Jesus enjoyed wine. (AND I am NOT using that as a scapegoat to drink...) I am just so over people that are close to me judging my actions... do they not realize that it makes me not want to talk to them about my life? When I get phone calls all night and morning and 20 questions about my night before, its frikken annoying. It makes me want to lie to them or just ignore their calls. I guess its hardest when its someone who is so extremely close to me and I want to tell everything to... but they don't realize I won't tell them things because of how they will judge me and tell other members of their family. It really makes me irate. I try to tell these people they shouldn't judge me... and even if they said nothing to me... I know they would talk about it behind my back. Please stop judging my behavior when you are not perfect yourself... and stop acting like you are perfect. YOU ARE NOT. But I am not continuously calling you out on your sins, am I?
I understand if a friend thinks something I am doing is wrong, please tell me, and I will make the choice of whether or not I decide to change it. Stop trying to make me be like you. I am not you, I am so different from you. One day I will decide to pursue things you may pursue, but until then, I am young, I work my butt off and I am going to enjoy my life- the way I want and feel is suitable... end of story.
Here's to not judging, gossiping or caring what others think! *Cheers!* ;-)

well that was a load off.

2 comments:

Libby said...

Just wanted to let you know I am reading your posts from across the pond! love you!

Libby said...

eea is Libby in case you forgot - haha