Monday, September 29, 2008

Timing is everything


My fabulous weekend trip with AAA.
Alicia, Aly and Amanda


Last night I got home from my amazing weekend trip to Orlando. I went to visit my best friend Amanda for her birthday and Aly came down from Jacksonville. As I previously wrote, Aly, Amanda and I were the crazy girls in high school that were constantly together. We all ended up in different places but keep in touch constantly. We spent time reminiscing, getting ready, relaxing and going out. The three of us are so outgoing and funny- we can always make an event out of the smallest evening out. We spent the entire weeking laughing, analyzing our lives and appreciating the friendship we have. It is so amazing to see how we've all developed into these wonderful ladies... Aly is the philosophical, hippie writer with a style that totally exemplifies it. Amanda is fly-by-the-seat, everything will work out, optimistic, "finding herself" girl that always looks so together. I am the professional, analytical, realist of the group. Together we make for an all-end-of-the-spectrum conversation. They give such balanced advice and we're all able to appreciate each other's unique qualities. It's so beautiful how we've all grown up into more mature, [sometimes] calmed, intelligent, balanced versions of our younger selves. Mind you, we got in plenty of trouble growing up... but we have learned from every trial and tribulation and I truly believe we have all helped each other develop throughout the tough times in our lives.
Friday night we went out on the town with another friend from high school who lives in Orlando too, Elyse. We got dressed up fabulously and hit the town with boas (for Amanda's birthday) and deemed ourselves Sex and the City characters (the u
sual). Of course I had to be Miranda (because I am the working girl), Amanda was Carrie (totally fabulous style with all the right things to say), Aly was Samantha (the ice queen who always gets her man), and Elyse was Charlotte (the more subtle and relaxed of the four of us). Here's a picture of the four of us, fabulously walking down the streets of downtown Orlando, owning the world.
I am sure we looked obnoxious. But we had a blast. We went all over Orlando and had a great time. Saturday was great, we woke up semi-early, ran some errands, got mani-pedi's and had a beautiful day. Saturday evening we went to an event for Amanda's boss, which ended up being a great networking event for me! I met a ton of great people who can end up giving me a lot of opportunities and business advice/guidance. There was a wine tasting and appetizer time and then we moved into dinner and had fabulous dishes and decadent desserts with yummy cappucino- I think we all felt very posh. This was us all dressed up for the second night...The weekend ended far too soon... but the timing of it was crucial. It was exactly what I needed. I got away from the pressures and business of my life- work, soccer and church... and got a chance to relax and spend time with people I love and love me. I maybe got one phone call, barely any text messages and ZERO e-mails all weekend (my phone obviously didn't get service in Orlando- otherwise I would have been blown up, of course). It really rejuvinated my spirit, intensified my motivation and helped me re-prioritize. I am so thankful for such a beautiful, special friendship that allows me to teach, learn and just be me.
And since I can't have everything... of course I have another lesson to learn- Kyla is again my teacher....
I missed my niece Kyla's first soccer goal ever on Saturday. I was SO bummed. Maria didn't even tell me when I talked to her throughout the day Sunday (AND I EVEN ASKED HER ABOUT THE GAME), but at our game tonight, Kyla ran up to me, jumped in my arms and said, "LeLe, I scored a GOAL on Saturday!!!" Not only was I so proud that she scored, but so happy that she couldn't wait to tell me all about it- as soon as she saw me. I am sure she doesn't care that I wasn't there (this girl is the least petty human being I know, I can just see her saying, "It's okay, LeLe, that you weren't there, its okay." in her reassuring Mommy voice) but its still sad for me to miss those things... but also proves to me that I couldn't live anywhere further away from my family- missing the beautiful moments I get to experience on an almost daily basis.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So glad you had such a good time. I knew it would be a blast. I am finally feeling in my element a little more then usual and you guys cemented my comfort in this little town. Again, you are welcome anytime. The drive is worth it just for those tomatoes. Just a little food for thought, October first is coming up and I know how much we love to start cool projects on the firsts and Mondays. Well, I really want to get back to being healthy and being more balanced with drinking and food in moderation. Want to join me again? I am going to try to do little things each day that really do add up. This is slim down for the holidays.When you are about to eat that 3 am pizza after already consuming over 2000 calories in Magaritas, stop and think how much more fun it would be to Christmas dress shop 10 pounds lighter, how about 15 lbs? We can do it. Lets get motivated. Lets get healther. Lets get outside and happy!