Friday, February 11, 2011

Friday Favorites

It has been forever... but inspired by my friend and sisters Friday Favorite list, I felt motivated to crab a fresh cup of coffee and get to writing!

1. My main man, Dallas. Last week he got hit by a car... it was an awful experience but he is on his way to recovery! This is the poor guy with his sling (that he later learned to chew partially off). He is in a ton of pain, which has caused the overprotective mother in my me to heighten... but has also made me realize how much I love him and am thankful to have him around (even if its only on 3 legs for now...). Like I said before, he is recovering and should be as good as new in 3-5 weeks!


2. Miami Heat! So I admit it, I am officially jumping on the bandwagon. I had the opporunity to go to a Heat game this past Tuesday with my friend Norma. Her and her husband have season tickets and they have sort of adopted me into their family (which I am sooo grateful for). So the Heat played the Pacers and they won in a great comeback! I love going to sporting events, so it was fun to hang out with Norma, cheer on the Heat and dance in the stands. Here are a couple shots from the night!

Florida Gator, Mike Miller about to shoot, Lebron just after his shot, and D.Wade chillin with a ball in his hands. 

3. Painting! Who knew?!? I would never, ever, ever consider myself creative. After visiting my best friend Renee in Wisconsin and a few days of painting with her, I was hooked. It has now become my therapy. Having a glass of wine  and painting away has become one of my favorite things to do at night (cliche, I know). Here are a couple things  did this week- more in the abstract category, but fun nonetheless!



4. Color Popping. Sounds weird, I know. If you know me, you know that I am a matchy-matchy, balance, even everything type of girl. Regarding decor, everything is in a color scheme of 2-3 colors and there is 2-3 of everything (sconces, vases, candles, etc). I am really trying to break this habit and one way I am doing that is in my clothes... focusing on color poppage :) Basically, I will wear a normal outfit and add a fun color shoes or a random hair peice. The colors always compliment each other, but are typically pretty random. Like here, I wore a mustard sweater with a rasberry hair peice. It may seem silly to some, but its BIG for me!


5. Soccer!!! Our soccer season starts again tonight. We are coming back as the #1 team in the league and I am so excited for this season with a few new additions. We have so much fun playing, joking and laughing... but still being seriously competitive. I have soooo much fun on those fields!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the blog,love the raspberry hair piece, love the pterodactyl, love you.

Aly

BrynnCurrier said...

I, too, love the blog! BIG fan of your color-popping, and I'm in desperate need of your artistic touch! I need some paintings - and I want one of yours!!