Friday, March 27, 2009

In other news

Since its been awhile, I figured I would give a brief update on my ever-crazy lifestyle. I decided to move out of Ashby's house as we all were preparing to move the end of April. Since I hate transition periods (anything grey is terrible, I am a black and white girl), I decided to get a move on. I found an adorable 2 bedroom condo to rent, in a great location that is close to everything and has a secluded feel. On my lanai, all I can see is woods. Literally, I cannot see any buildings... its amazing. I am pretty much living in a retirement community. I went downstairs the other day to find oxygen tanks sitting outside the condo below me, being traded out for new ones, I am sure. Joe, the man below me, has emphysema and tells me to "park the heels at the door". Apparently he can hear my stilettos through his ceiling. Sorry Joe. Kevin is always walking around our building. Anytime I go to leave, he pops out of somewhere... or yells at me for not closing the lid on the dumpster (it was open when I put trash in it- I just left it the way I found it- sorry!). (And not really yelling, I am just sensitive.) Peggy calls me Alicia Keys so she can remember my name. She has some blood flow/circulation problems in her legs. She is a sweet lady and wears awesome big sunglasses that I would totally buy. She also walks about 3 steps a minute, so I see her about once a day walking from her car to her condo.
I had a painting party to paint the interior, I got to pick out all the colors and had a great turn out. The place is adorable! I moved all my stuff in the second week of March- but I am still getting settled. I love living alone. I thought I might get lonely, but it is sooo nice.

I am working at Outback in Fort Myers which is going well. I like the people I work with and its great to work with people who I have never gone out and partied with before. So they don't expect me to always go out like I did with the people in Bonita. I am still pretty sensitive to how people talk and the content that talk about in the restaurant business... but I have to remember that God put me there for a reason and I just have to stand firm in Him!

Business is going well. Albeit taking an entire week off to move and celebrate, we are right on track for the month. I am ready to get back to it 100%... and get myself out of depending on anything from a second job. (But I may keep it anyway, for the ministering opportunity and the discount (:) I love what I do, education people, helping them, talking to them and having the freedom to work at 1am or not work till 11am. Its all good.

Everything is great in the fam front. My niece and nephews and just getting so big. Its crazy what they know... they are just a sponge for information. I am loving my sister and Kirt- as usual. Although I wish Kirt and I were closer. I know he is a great guy, but I rarely get to spend time with him because I am either with the kids and my sister, taking my sister away from the kids or with the entire family. I think that our respect for each other is growing... not that we were ever lacking, but it is growing.

My birthday was amazing- as usual! Birthdays are a BIG deal to me... I had a girls dinner on the Saturday before and had like all my best friends (minus Hallie and Ilana) at the same table (which was kind of weird honestly). We went to Bar Louie after and danced all night long. It was a blast. My actual birthday was kinda of frustrating, but turned out fun! We went to Icabods which was out of control, then ate dinner at Outback, went back to Icabods and hung out with some of the coolest moms I know. It ended up being great.

Life is good. God is good. I am so thankful for the people in my life- my family, my friends, my associates... each in their own facet, none like the other. I am thankful for the bird feeder outside my lanai and the beautiful view and the church bells I hear that play songs from The Sound of Music. I am thankful for wine and great conversations with my girlfriends. I am thankful for my apartment. I am thankful for my business. I am thankful for the bible, my salvation and His grace.

No comments: