Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Dating...

Isn't it funny that I post about relationships and dating yesterday and come across two incidents afterward.
Regarding dating, I just feel so confused about it. Like I feel pressured into wanting to date and get these questions, "So any new boys?", "Are you dating anyone?" constantly. I am trying to figure out if I just try to trick myelf into not wanting to date just to not be dissapointed if I dont. Does that make any sense? (This is my issue with, if I can't do it well, I quit.) I know I am not ready to settle down right now, I don't have time to devote to anyone, and I find something wrong with every guy I am interested in (ask my sister, she yells at me about it constantly). I know I am not perfect, but I do believe I am a 'catch'. Also, one of the biggest traits I want in a guy is for him to have a relationship with Christ and to grow together in Him. Now, if I find a guy I am interested in and he's not a Christian- do I count him out? Not to mention I have so much fear in dating a Christian because of judgement he may have toward me... woah... I am just confusing myself now.
So, I dated this guy Ryan right after a 3 year relationship. He was great- tall, professional, nice, Midwestern, gentlemanly, owned his own home, intelligent... as I describe this I am kind of sickened my life of criteria. I was a high-horse single girl who never gave a guy second chances after my long term relationship. I didn't ever call guys, I didn't respond to text messaging, I let them like me more than I'd ever get attached, blah blah blah, all the games. So when he cancelled on a date with me, I was done. While we were seeing each other, I wrote his insurance, so I would talk to him occasionally. And he was a mortgage broker so he'd refer business once and awhile. We've run into each other here and there... no big deal. Anyway so he calls me Friday and Saturday about insurance questions. Then texts me Sunday, "where are good places to go in Fort Myers", so I rattle off some names... He then calls me and talks to me about how this place I recommended was so much fun and hes going back on Friday and I should meet him. Because I am an over-analyzer, I can't stop thinking about what this means (probably nothing)...but he has been in a lot of contact lately with questions and random things... coincidence? You tell me.
Then, I am at work, and a guy who I have known for awhile and consider a very good friend of mine asks me to go to dinner. He just got out of a long relationship and I am pretty hesistant but really don't know how to say no.
P.S. Neither of these guys are Christians... not necessarily agnostic...
So, should I just go with the flow and see where things end?
Or not waste my time since I am not interested?
This is why men hate women... we think way too much!

1 comment:

Four Boys and a Girl..On Our Journey with Five Kids. said...

I'm sure you posted this waiting for my reply. I have told you since day ONE that you should give Ryan a chance. I REALLY liked him, who he was and what he was about. You will NEVER meet someone who is perfect because perfect doesn't exist. I would go with Ryan and just see what happens...it's been a long time since you hung out and spent time together, so who knows what would/could happen now.

PS. Make sure he is single though first...if ya catch my drift. :)