Friday, March 28, 2008

Life Update

I haven't updated in a very long time. I have been incredibly busy with so many different things, so I will provide an update on everything and hope to continue blogging on a more frequent basis.

Regarding work, I finally quit working at Mountain Insurance and started planning to open an agency with my friend, Lawton. Lawton and I have been friends for the past 2 year while he lived in Denver. We are affiliated with a real estate agent/mortgage broker who will refer us business to pretty much guarantee that we have some business in the beginning. We have had some constraints here and there, but things seem to be working out. I hope to be writing insurance again (as pathetic as it may sound- I am so freaking excited about it!) by the end of next week. I cannot wait to start working again and making money. Not that I haven't been working- I just haven't made any money from the work that I have done. Which aggravates me and makes me think I wasn't as prepared as I should have been. Completely my fault... but I think I am in too deep now. All I can do is continue working at Outback (egh) to pay my bills. For those of you still living off your parents, I applaud you. Being in a partnership is hard work. My Dad didn't want me to go into a partnership because he doesn't think they work, and even fed me the lovely statistic that there is an 80% failure rate of business partnerships. Thanks Dad. When I told Lawton that (in the very beginning of talks), he said, "great, so we'll be in the 20% that do work". He kills me. But we balance each other out. He tells me I am a pessimist, and I rebute that I am just a realist. For those of you that watch Cashmere Mafia, I told him that he would be my work husband... so sometimes he tells me he wants a divorce... hah. I know we can work things out but its hard because we are close friends and are so open with each other that neither one of us will avert from telling the other that we're pissing each other off. Sorry for the ramble... but thats what I deal with on a daily basis. Its like being in a relationship again without any of the good parts. On other work notes, we have set up our office in Cape Coral (yuck-but its free) and I sold my first polcy the other week... which I cant even write or bind since we still have to get our contracts together. It still felt good. I cannot wait for 6 months from now when this start up crap is behind me and we are just pluggin away and making {some} money.

In my weight loss news... the day after Easter I had some sort of flu bug that caused me to throw up everything but the bones inside my body which resulted in a 5 lb. decline in my weight- yes in one day- pretty impressive. As my Dad says, "not neccessarily the way you want to lose it, but its still good nonetheless." My appetite hasn't been the same all week... which could be a good thing. I haven't gained any of it back, so I should really use this as a gunshot to start up again. I work out randomly because I have no routine right now. I need that 9-5 schedule to plan for my workouts. Which brings me to the next few months. I am working at Outback on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Fridays, coaching soccer on Thursdays. So I will be working during the day and then busy as nights everyday except Monday. And I'll have the weekends... which never seem to be mine anyway. The real world sucks.

In relationship/dating news, my friend Lindsay is getting married in July. I recently went to her engagement party in which a lot of happily married couples regurgatated advice that has kept their marriage afloat. Britt [who was there as well] told me she has never seem me leave a social event so fast. I had hot flashes and was sweating. I can't seem to even FATHOM getting and/or being married. Like, how did I think I was ready to marry someone a year and a half ago!? Why didn't any of you slap me?? What's even crazier was that my sister and step-sister both got married at 21, and as most of you know, I just turned 22. And my younger stepsister is on her way to the chapel [I assume] as well. Is something wrong with me? Getting married makes me nauseous. I talked with Britt about it and got those same hot flashes... I kind of think its weird. Or I think my family thinks its weird. Like my grandma and cousin ask me, "are you dating anyone?" and I am like, ugh no. I can't really determine what I want right now. I can't imagine having to check in with a boyfriend and give up the time I spend with my family and girlfriends right now. It would be nice to lay with someone- once in awhile... but then again I just don't think its worth it. As much as I long to be a mother, part of me thinks I want to just be single forever and live selfishly... play mommy through my niece and nephews for the rest of my life. I am sure I will grow out of it eventually... I just hope I'm not too late when I do. Granted, I am only 22... I have my entire life ahead of me. (Knock on wood)... I had a dream last night that I had cervical cancer and was basically saying my goodbyes... scary. Lawton's, brother's wife's nephew passed away last night and has been suffering from Leukemia for the past year... so I am sure that's why it was on my mind.

Also, Sarah, the girl that I hired to work with Brooke and me at Mountain and became our good friend, just moved into the third bedroom at our house. We all have gotten pretty close and its pretty fun to live with your girlfriends and going out buddies. We laugh when we go out because I'm a brunette, Brooke's a redhead and Sarah's a blonde. We offer a full menu...lol.

So I think I have updated things in my life. I will continue to blog and update... regardless of whether anyone reads this anymore....
XOXO

No comments: